For over 25 years Pedors Shoes has designed and manufactured shoes for problem feet. Our goal is to get our customers back on their feet again with affordable, quality footwear that addresses their specific needs. We’re here to help. Your footwear problems are our challenges.
If you have considerable swelling in your feet, finding swollen feet shoes that fit, or even shoes that you can get on, can be a source of frustration.
In this quick guide we will look at the shoe design elements that you need to look out for, and some tips for buying shoes online. We'll also take a quick look at how to make sure you order the right size and width for your feet.
So, by the end of this guide you will know:
Let's Get Started!
When looking for accommodative footwear for swollen feet the solution is to go wider and not longer. Often a wrong decision is taken is to go longer in size to get the additional width to accommodate the girth of the ‘edamatous’ or swollen foot, which can lead to tripping. Usually this is because most shoe stores don’t carry X-Wide width shoes, nevermind XX-Wide or even XXX-Wide shoes. We like to keep in mind the GOALS acronymn when shopping for shoes for swollen feet: Girth, Opens Up, Adjustable, Lightweight, Soft.
1. First of all the shoe has to have enough volume or GIRTH to accommodate the swelling on the dorsum of the foot (the top of your foot).
2. Second, the shoe needs to be able to OPEN up so that the foot can be easily placed on the footbed. One closure is good, for really swollen feet, two closures is better.
3. The shoe closure needs to be ADJUSTABLE to accommodate any change in the volume of the foot over the course of the day, as generally, feet swell more as the day progresses.
4. The shoe should be LIGHTWEIGHT. A heavy shoe is less likely to be worn which may lead to spells of wearing nothing. An unprotected foot is more likely to be traumatized.
5. The upper material should be SOFT and not restrictive. Ideally the material might offer some compression to help reduce swelling in the foot, or a stretch component.
Before we jump into looking at shoes for swollen feet, let's have a general recap of what to consider when buying shoes online. Choosing the right shoes for your foot condition will help you be more comfortable when you are walking. Here are some things to consider when purchasing a pair of shoes online.
1. When determining your shoe size, be sure to trace your feet and follow the instructions.
2. Don't go longer in length in search of more width. Find shoes with the right width for you.
3. Choose shoes made with adjustable closures.
4. Consider the weight of the shoes. Heavy shoes means tired feet.
5. Your feet should feel comfortable with the shoes on, not forced in.
6. Don't concern yourself with how the shoes look, think about how they feel.
7. Shoes must fit properly even with an orthopedic insert installed.
8. Be sure to oder from websites that offer free return shipping and free exchange shipping.
9. If the shoes don't fit or feel comfortable, send them back for an exchange or refund.
10. Read the reviews from other people with your foot condition. See if they resonate with you.
Our goal at Pedors is to provide our customers with the best footwear and orthopedic solutions to provide relief from painful feet, swelling, and other foot-related conditions that may be limiting their life. When you are measuring your feet for shoes, always remember that accurate measurement of the width of your feet is a key measurement.
Much of what will work for you will depend on how swollen your feet are. To determine your foot width (that helps to determine what shoes are suitable for you) take a look at the quick refeference image below.
For a more indepth look at how we measure here at Pedors please see our sizing guidelines. It takes just a few minutes to get your measurements and work out what is the best size and width for you.
Always remember that the best way to go when sizing for swollen feet is to go wider, not longer.
For over 20 years, Pedors has been known as the place to go for footwear solutions for those suffering with foot-related problems and conditions, including swelling, bunions, corns, hammertoes, arthritis, and diabetic foot pain, and more.
Pedors Shoes are designed for people with swollen feet, edema and other conditions that make walking uncomfortable and painful, and they may work well for you if you have swollen feet. Our exclusive design features a stretchable material that stretches as your feet swell throughout the day. Pedors shoes provide comfort along with the support your feet need.
Pedors Shoes are designed to fit different sizes of feet and the accompanying degrees of swelling. The goal is to provide as close to a custom sized shoe as possible at an affordable price. Our shoes are also available in many styles and colors, and in sizes ranging from B (medium) to 6E (XXX-wide).
As you can see, these shoes are much broader than those above and would be suitable for those with severe swelling. It all depends on the width the wearer needs.
Well that about wraps it up for this page on swollen feet shoes. You will hopefully now be in a better position to understand how to go about getting the right shoes for your foot condition by knowing:
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-750-6729 if in the USA or +1 770 218 8282 if outside the USA.